I've made this recipe a few times for others and am finally getting around to making a BIG amount to freeze later. Usually I half or even third the original recipe when making it, but this time I went all out with 11 small-medium potatoes. To save even more time, I don't cube them, I just toss them in whole. That's probably bad chef-fery, BUT I'd rather spend time in the kiddie pool with Sophia.
- 9 Large Potatoes
- 6 oz Cream Cheese (softened OR cubed)
- 1 cup Sour Cream
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- 2 tsp Onion Powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Pepper
- Boil potatoes until tender but firm. (I have NO idea how things can be tender AND firm....but it sounds good.)
- Add the remaining ingredients.
- Mash until smooth. (I usually get out my hand mixer, apply the lowest setting, and mix until everything is JUST combined.)
- Spoon out into greased baking containers.
- Seal up and don't forget to write the name, date, and "next steps" on your container.
- When ready, thaw in fridge and bake for 30-40 minutes (or until heated through) at 350F.
This recipe filled two 9-inch cake tins (handy for storing sides, not just cake) from the dollar store. The author suggests using 1 and 1/2 cup servings for storage so that you can pull out exactly what you need, but again, the weather is gorgeous and that kiddie pool was calling our names.